This program is designed for kids ages 0 to 4ish to lay a strong foundation of pre- reading skills. Kids learn SOOO much from being read to and reading with a parent.
Write down or type in each book as you read it to/with your little one and you'll be earning points that enter you into drawings for fun family prizes!
More books, more points, means more chances to win. But your child is the true winner because he/she/they get to enjoy this time reading with you each day :)
Please set a goal that works for your family. Our wish is that every child is read to 5 nights per week, but life is busy, so you decide what works best.
This program is designed for kids age 5 to 12 who are ready to GROW as readers, go on wild adventures with book characters and
chill this summer!
Load up on some good books at the library and simply write down/type in the number of minutes you spend reading.
As the minutes add up, you'll earn digital badges. Each badge marks another time that you name is put into a drawing for cool and yummy prizes. If you win something, you'll be called or alerted by email: don't worry- we'll let you know if you win.
Reading makes you a stronger thinker and a better problem solver because of all the lessons you've learned from stories.
Sit back, relax and grab a book!
Set a goal that feels right for YOU as a reader and do your best to reach it.
This program is designed for YOU-
teens ages 13 to 17 to encourage life-long reading habits
while you walk along side your favorite book characters on their daring and sometimes dangerous adventures.
One goal might be to earn 1300 points- achieved by reading 30 minutes every night for 6 weeks. Obviously YOU decide how much reading you can fit into a day.
As you read and log your minutes on the computer, you'll earn digital badges. Each badge means that your name will go into a drawing to maybe win a free admission to Lewis Farms to spend time with their NEW SLOTHS for you and a parent, or you might win a gift card to be spent locally on something delicious. (Think Culver's, Wesco treats or pizza)
Consider volunteering to help out with Family Night or Story Time with at the Library and earn extra chances to
win the prizes!
(Email Noelle, at Nknowles@wlclib.org
to chat about the possibilities)
Welcome to the White Lake Community Library's adult summer reading program! This program is designed to encourage life-long reading habits and library participation.
Use READsquared to log the number of books you read from June 8th through August 8th, 2021.
· 3 grand-prize winners will be randomly selected from entries on Aug. 11
· 100 points = 1entry into the grand prize drawing
· 1 finished book= 100 points
· 1 book review (at least 35 words) =25 points
· Attendance at any of the three summer programs (find info at wlclib.org/calendar) = 35 points
§ **Listen for a secret code word to enter into READsquared.
· Complete an Adult Take & Make craft kit = 35 points
§ **Find a secret code word in the instructions to enter into READsquared.
· Earn a completion certificate at 600 points (but you can keep earning grand prize entries for every 100 points!)
· Check out the extra games and fun missions also available on READsquared!
· Register Online Here – Parents you can create an account first to easily monitor your children's activity.
· Track Your Reading – Log in here and track your reading to earn points.
· Keep Reading! – Earn a completion certificate once you've completed the program.
© Copyright 2013 - 2021 - READsquared
Message has been sent ...